Reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Maui Economic Opportunity, Inc. (MEO) Rental & Mortgage Assistance Program (808-873-4673) provides Maui residents with financial assistance for rent/mortgage, utilities, food, internet, medical, and other essential needs.
Assistance for Security deposit, first month’s rent, rental subsidies, utility deposit/disconnection (electric/gas)
- Demonstrate a need for assistance (e.g. currently homeless or at-risk for homelessness, live in substandard conditions, experienced an unexpected layoff, unexpected eviction, etc.)
- Within thirty (30) days prior to application, demonstrate that household income is is equal or greater than household expenses in order to prove housing can be sustained after assistance. If client does not have sufficient income at time of application, client must provide proof of future income. (Income can include supplemental assistance, including food stamps and public financial assistance)
- Qualifying applicants must contribute up to 30% of the cost of the emergency rental assistance and/or security deposit at the time of the rental application.
- Demonstrate a desire to become self-sufficient and an ability to help oneself.
- For individuals with HUD vouchers, only deposit assistance is available
OHA’s Ka Wailele Emergency Financial Assistance Program (808-727-8870) is an emergency financial assistance program for Native Hawaiians. Ka Wailele will provide grants up to $1,500 for past due rent, mortgage, utilities and rent deposits to an estimated 520 households that can prove Native Hawaiian ancestry, Hawaiʻi residency, financial hardship, and need for housing and/or utility assistance. Native Hawaiians are limited to receive OHA emergency financial assistance one-time every two years.
- Be Native Hawaiian residing in Hawaiʻi.
- Be 18 years or older
- Be in financial hardship
- Have documents to prove past due rent, mortgage, utilities, or rental deposit.
Catholic Charities, Hawai’i
The Maui County Emergency Rental Assistance Program is now accepting applications. All applicants are required to submit an online pre-screening application. Once the pre-screening application is received and reviewed, applicants will be contacted with further guidance on next steps. Please read the information on this page and the FAQs prior to submitting an online pre-screening application. After reviewing this information, if you have questions about the program or difficulties submitting the online pre-screening application, please contact the Catholic Charities help line for Maui County at: (808) 873-4673.
Click here to submit the pre-screening application now.